Hawaii is one of those places that we all love--whether we've been there or not. For those of us who have been, we have all sorts of "musts" that we pass along to whoever we know is going. "You must see the view on Maui...you must go surfing on the north shore of Oahu...don't miss hiking one of the Big Island's volcanoes...".
And for those who haven't been, Hawaii is undoubtedly on the list of places to visit in their lifetime.
Hawaii does that to people. It has a magical spell on all of us.
So how much you know about Hawaii? Take a few minutes and find out with this quiz brought to us by Richard Wiese, host of Born to Explore. Born to Explore is an Adventure Travel series that airs on most ABC stations in the U.S., Saturday mornings.
There are no prizes, no honors, just the chance to find out how knowledgeable you are about America's 50th State.
Go ahead. Test yourself. For answers, you will find a link below.
1. What Hawaiian marine animal is critically endangered?
a. Green sea turtle.
b. Carp (koi)
c. Hawaiian monk seal
2. What percentage of Hawaii’s population is Asian?
3. Hawaii is the biggest consumer in the U.S. of what product?
4. What is Hawaii’s state flower?
5. When was Hawaii admitted to the Union as the 50th State?
6. What is the northernmost (inhabited) Hawaiian island?
7. Which island is made up of 5 volcanic islands, including the volcanoes Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea?
b. Big Island
8. Which of these Hawaiian volcanoes is the world’s most active volcano?
b. Mauna Loa
9. Which explorer was killed by Hawaiian natives in 1779?
a. Hernando DeSoto
b. Ferdinand Magellan
c. James Cook
10. The town of Kalaupapa on Molokai is knows for which of the following?
a. A nudist colony
b. An ancient Hawaiian temple
c. A leper colony
FIND QUIZ ANSWERS HERE.
Photo Credits: Photos on this page provided by Richard Wiese of Born to Explore.