By Carson Kressley
Photograph by Debra Somerville
Wherever I go--whether it’s Portobello Road in London or Freeport, Maine (or in the airport traveling somewhere)--my eye is attracted to someone who knows how to put him or herself together.
And I’m not talking about generic, by-the-book, wear-the-appropriate outfit taste. I’m talking about distinctive personal style.
I can give you all sorts of tips on what to wear where but ultimately it boils down to you pulling off the look(s).
Think you have what it takes? Here’s a fun quiz I’ve put together. Spend a few minutes answering the questions, then go to the answers page to see how you scored.
1) You’re heading to the Caribbean. Which of the following should you NOT take:
a) Hawaiian shirt
b) Jean shorts
c) Sandals with socks
d) All of the above
2) When flying, you wear:
a) Comfortable Jeans with a T-shirt
b) A warm-up suit
c) Sleek pants with a simple top and blazer
d) A business suit
3) You’re traveling to Argentina for a 10-day vacation. How many pairs of shoes do you take?
4) You know you need comfortable shoes for the many hours of sightseeing you plan to do in Barcelona. Which of the following should be left at home?
a) Low-heeled boot
b) Ballet flats
5) You’re packing for your annual ski trip to Big Sky. What piece is absolutely necessary for après-ski?
a) A notice-me neon jacket
b) A boasty fur hat
c) Something black
d) A skimpy top
6) What’s an absolute essential in your carry-on bag? Photo Courtesy of Finnair
c) A baseball cap
7) When it comes to choosing what to use as a carry-on, you:
a) Take the most attractive quality bag you can afford
b) The biggest backpack you can legally take on plane
c) A variety of small bags you can stuff under seat in front of you and in the overhead
d) A sensible black rolling suitcase
8) Ladies, you’re heading into the city for the weekend. What is a must?
a) A gorgeous colorful scarf that’s ideally reversible
b) A buttery black leather jacket
c) High, chic black or brown boots
d) A colorful dress
9) You’re packing for a dude ranch in Wyoming. What should you make sure you have?
a) Great denim
b) Sturdy boots
c) A good belt
d) All of the Above
10) For the varying temperatures in a plane’s cabin, ladies, what should you bring on board a plane?
a) A light down jacket
b) A wool sweater
c) A silk pashmina wrap
d) Long underwear
CLICK HERE FOR ANSWERS